Friday 3 September 2010

Commandment breakage

Morning,

This morning a thick blanket of fog as settled snugly over the town of Northampton, making it look about a millions times better on account of being invisible.

I’ve just woken up from a complicated dream in which my trainers wouldn’t start. I spent the first few minutes after waking wondering how on earth I was going to get back to Dorset if my trainers wouldn’t start. Plus in my efforts to start them (by pulling the laces) I’d made the knot so tight it could only be undone by microscopic needles.

So ends my week in Westone Manor. A hotel in which one of my work colleagues got married! I’ve yet to ask him if he thinks this has anything to do with his now divorced status.

Anyway, I did a bit of a bad thing: I eventually found the Giddeon Bible in my room last night, and, well, I kind of stole it. I really want to read Leviticus you see, and its abhorrent and sickening views on homosexuality. I’m not sure if breaking one of the ten commandments is mitigated by actively seeking out this hilarious and bigoted word of god (Or rather man pretending to be god, I don’t think we can blame the bible on god).

Why would the Gideons place bibles in hotel rooms if they didn’t want people to read them? And you know what happens when you get into a book, you can’t just leave it behind! I think the Gids wanted me to steal the bible. I also suspect they want me to murder and to covert my neighbours oxen.