Saturday 14 November 2009

Gib Gib hooray

Hello from sunny Gibraltar. I have arrived in one piece and have not run home in tears yet. For those what are interested, here are some pics of my flat. It is very cool.

I have been out and about investigating my new home. Have not seen any monkeys yet but I didn’t want to wear the place out on the first day.

I’ve learned that Gibraltar does not seem to sell books. You can’t buy them. Maybe they fear reading, I don’t know. But anyone coming to visit must buy me books. Which is amusing in itself as I am not allowed to borrow my friend’s books because of my book religion, Book Flux. I believe that you cannot really own books, you read them and then they move on. Once a book is read it becomes valueless and you must give it to someone else. So when I finish books I give them away or leave them on trains or similar. This can be very annoying to people whose books you have borrowed, especially if they do not believe in marrying the twin disciplines of eastern philosophy and book ownership.

So now Hotel Green is only open to visitors who bring me a gift of a book and agree that I may throw it in the sea when I’ve read it if I wish to do so.

Gibraltar also has those enormous sea gulls that I call Seagles in my head. Pronounced to rhyme with eagle.

So, Seagles and no books. That is pretty much it for now!