Monday 23 August 2010

Monday

Greetings and Salutations from the pit of inhuman despair known as Northampton.

I’m back in my ditch after a charming weekend in the New Forest, which was largely spent in an outdoor hot tub watching Monday hurtle towards me in a way that Friday really didn’t.

This morning I hit my Traveliving wall. I did not want to get up before 6 and spend three hours driving to work. Fortunately I didn’t have to as it took me five hours instead. I did not want to spend a week in a bleak cell in a bleaker Midlands town. And I’m pretty certain I didn’t want to spend the intervening time at work. Still when live serves us lemons, it is best to brew up some kind of potent lemon liquor and drink until you can't see.

Looking on the bright side, my room is higher up and on the other side of the building to last week, which means I wont be woken by aggressively pant hooting buffoons on their way home from the local pubs. Plus this week’s room is much bigger than last week’s, but just as Spartan.

In other news, I am very happy to announce my impending aunt-hood. What better way to replicate your genes without losing elasticity in your own birth canal? I’ve instructed my sister to make sure at the crossing over bit in telophase phase to get plenty of my alleles in there.