Wednesday 18 August 2010

Trying to avoid giving £1 to coffee club at work....

Hello. My Travel Lodge existence continues despite prayers for death to steal in while I'm sleeping.

On the subject of which, this week I've given up caffeine. Mostly this means that I am more irritable than usual, but it also means that I am mostly asleep. Spending cast swathes of time unconscious is an excellent thing when you live in a 1960s convent in the mean streets of Northampton. Yesterday I was in bed at 8.30! Brilliant.

So it is Wednesday and now I find that the Spanish Linguaphone is throwing in tantalising cliffhangers and I can’t get the next disk until Sunday. How maddening. Will I ever know how the food fair in Madrid goes? Or work out how Linda, who is apparently “muy linda”, manages to understand everything Antonio Ginetez says despite not speaking a word of Spanish and him refusing to speak English. Although if he did just speak in English it wouldn’t be much of a learning aid. Unless you were trying to learn English.

Update: It was all getting too much so I had a coffee and spent a pleasant meeting off my tits. Caffeine rules.