Wednesday 20 May 2009

The dangers of taking a photo of yourself in a hat



So we've all been there. You turn up at a meeting and no one is there. Furiously you call the chair of that meeting asking why they have cancelled it without telling you. They snigger and point out that you have the wrong day and you are given a dunce hat to wear by colleagues.

Entering into the spirit of this, you take a picture of yourself in the hat and send it to a friend.

The friend uploads it to Flickr, and tells everyone they know.

You mither to the creators of the hat that a person can't take a photo of themselves in a hat anymore without it being uploaded to the internet. Your colleague and hat-fashioner laughs for a moment before uploading the picture to a number of stock image libraries and tagging it "Blonde dunce".

Yes - this has happened to all of us, but is a serious reminder of what can happen. Just ask that Star wars kid

Aside from that, good news to anyone who is blood group A and has recently had a massive haemorrhage. You may get some of my blood!

I spent Monday evening bleeding into a plastic bag for the good of mankind, and have the following comments:

1) A lot of Wrong-Uns give blood. I am glad there is a collection of my blood because I don't want any of their weird person blood.

2) Ideally I want to make sure my blood is reserved for me for when I am practicing surgery and trying to improve myself. However I will settle for certain people being prevented from having my blood. Notably ex boyfriends and the neighbours who kept me up all night listening to Grease. Ideally the ex/neighbours will be filmed bleeding to death while doctors dance around waving packs of my blood before uploading the lot to youtube.

3) Not all Blood Donor centres are created equal. In Dulwich you get wagon wheels and kit kats whereas in Dorking you get Tuc biscuits and fruit.

4)I'm sure I had more comments than that.