Sunday 31 May 2009

Tickets please

On my way up to London on the train today, I was joined by three fare evading teens. One of which spent most of the 45 minute journey to East Croydon hiding in the loo. I was quite aggravated by their constant twittering on about where "the lady" was and whether "the lady" was going to get them. They finally got off the train at the Eastern side of Croydon, where in my head I imagined they got tasered to the ground and eaten by a pack of dogs for skipping the fare. Now that's justice the youth can understand.

On the way back from London village, once again, by train, I actually saw the ticket inspector and happily showed him my ticket. As did the charming Frenchman with the woven - yes, woven - bumbag in which he kept his railpass.

So, Britian, is it more of a crime to skip the fare than keep the ticket in a jaunty weave near your balls?