Thursday 7 May 2009

Money to burn?

For reasons too dull to list, I am awaiting a hospital referral to my local cardiology department. And the nice people there sent me a letter yesterday...to say I should get a letter in the next fortnight with an appointment. Why not save the stamp and just send me my appointment? I mean, I'm kind of ok with the whole concept of waiting in general, I'm orderly in bus queues and I don't expect a letter 2 weeks before my birthday saying yoo hoo, look out for a card from me soon!

And, to pad out the postage even further, they also enclosed a leaflet on giving up smoking for me. Now, I am pretty darn sure my NHS records state I am a non-smoker - and in fact, baring a drunken drag in 2005, have been all my life.

However, I got so cross at the waste of funding I started puffing furiously on a pipe to quell my rage. The leaflet has been useless in helping me kick my new addiction, but perhaps it'll give the heart people something extra to look out for.